Here are the top 10 car insurance companies in the USA based on number of insured customers:
- State Farm – Over 80 million customers
State Farm is the largest car insurance provider in the USA, offering auto, home, life and other types of coverage.
- GEICO – Over 27 million customers
GEICO is known for its low rates and many insurance options. It offers 24/7 claims services.
- Progressive – Over 20 million customers
Progressive is the 3rd largest insurer and offers usage-based policies based on driver behavior.
- Allstate – Over 16 million customers
Allstate is another major insurer offering coverage for cars, motorcycles, RVs and boats. It has many discounts and payment options.
- Farmers – Over 10 million customers
Farmers offers auto, home, life and business insurance. It has local agents across the country.
- Liberty Mutual – Over 8 million customers
Liberty Mutual provides coverage for autos, homes, valuables and lifestyles. It has 24-hour claims reporting.
- American Family – Over 6 million customers
American Family is a mid-sized insurer with local agents providing auto, home, business, life and health coverage.
- Nationwide – Over 5 million customers
Nationwide is a major insurer focusing on autos, homes, businesses, and life insurance. It has a reputation for superior customer service.
- USAA – Over 5 million customers
USAA provides insurance and banking services to military members, veterans and their families. It is known for unparalleled service and value to its members.
- Travelers – Over 4 million customers
Travelers is a large insurer focused on property and casualty coverage for autos, homes and businesses. It provides commercial auto insurance as well.